Are you a Professional Actor in your prime aged between 55 and 80 years looking for new approaches to professional development?
Do you want to hone the skills and methods needed to continue a successful career? prime might be just what you are looking for!
Irish Theatre Institute, in association with Age & Opportunity’s Bealtaine Festival is inviting 10 older actors to take part in a short pilot programme focussing on career supports and training opportunities for the older theatre practitioner.
This programme will take place over 6 days between May and September 2015 (18th to 20th May and one day per month thereafter – excluding August). The focus will be on the following:
- Physical and Mental Well-being: comprises daily warm-up and exploration of other physical and mental practices e.g. pilates, yoga, voice, Alexander, mnemonics.
- Entrepreneurial Skills/Managing Yourself and Your Career: to include advice and information on social welfare and pensions, financial planning, grant application writing, self-promotion in a technical age and networking.
- Coaching Sessions: designed to support professional theatre artists to discover new ways of working, collaborating and resourcing their practice.
- Case Studies: hear the experiences of other arts practitioners working beyond the normal retirement age.
The programme, which will take place in Dublin City Centre, will be offered free to the first five male actors and five female actors who meet the criteria which are:
1. That you are a professional theatre actor between 55 and 80 years.
2. That you are available for work in the theatre sector.
3. That you are available on the dates of the programme
(18th, 19th & 20th May, 10th June, 15th July, 2nd September).
4. That you will participate in an evaluation of this pilot primeprogramme.
5. That you will participate in the recording of oral histories about your career in Irish theatre (for podcast on the Irish Theatre Institute and Age & Opportunity websites).
Contact: Eláine Donnelly, General Manager, Irish Theatre Institute byTuesday 7th April for more details and a registration form
Tel: 01 6704906 for further information
The Gaiety School of Acting – The National Theatre School of Ireland is delighted to be hosting a FREE 2 hour drama workshop specially for the Bealtaine Festival on Sunday 17th May from 11am – 1pm. Book Now! The school run’s Active Drama (55+) workshops regularly on Sunday’s throughout the year. You can find out more online here.