Marketing Manager (Maternity Cover – 6 months)
Hours: 40 hours, Monday – Friday
Closing Date: 3rd April 2015
Start Date: 20th April 2015
The Gaiety School of Acting seeks applications for the position of Marketing Manager – Click here for more info.
The candidate will have a proven track record in Public Relations and Marketing. The Marketing Manager will report to the General Manager and the Director.
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for delivering a comprehensive marketing & pr strategy for the GSA with a view to promoting the organisation’s national programmes while also launching new initiatives designed to raise its profile.
In particular, the duties of the Marketing Manager will be:
- To develop and implement an effective marketing & branding strategy for the Gaiety School of Acting.
- To creatively promote all of the School’s programmes and activities at a Local, National and level.
- To continually explore all opportunities for developing Young Gaiety and adult programmes throughout Ireland.
- To draft and fulfill an agreed press campaign, including web-based media.
- To work with the designer to oversee the preparation, design and production of all printed publicity material (flyers, posters, brochures etc.) for the school.
- To coordinate the distribution of flyers and posters locally, nationally and internationally.
- To ensure that the schools’ information is provided to all relevant networks, organisations, schools, universities and bodies, both nationally and internationally.
- To oversee updating and content management of the school’s wordpress website, ensuring the maximum effectiveness of that key marketing tool.
- To monitor the effectiveness of all print and advertising and to maximise the effect of all publicity and advertising expenditure for the school.
- To be responsible for data collection and effective analysis and use of customer data collected and for monitoring and evaluating marketing activities for the school.
- To evaluate the success of all of our competitors marketing activities and report to the Director.
- To develop the GSA sales team through retraining, customer service skills and honing their sales pitch and ensuring that they are familiar with all GSA products.
- To seek sponsorship from major companies for school initiatives.
- To assist the Programme Coordinator with the promotion of the schools showcases and productions.
- To assist the Cork Artistic Director with marketing and programming.
- To produce a bi-monthly marketing report to the Director.
- Work to contribute and deliver 30th year anniversary marketing & pr plan
- Continue contacting and interviewing alumni in a bit to create content for anniversary
- Management of the school’s photography intern
- Ongoing monitoring of the Irish media for news relating to Graduates
- Any other duties relating to courses as assigned to you by the director.
- Substantial experience in public relations and marketing
- Excellent writing, verbal and communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of Adobe products, Web Management software and all Microsoft Office programs.
- The ability to work creatively and flexibly within a small focused team.
- Have an abiding interest in theatre and all the performing arts
- Knowledge of wordpress and website content management a must.
Commensurate with experience
20 per annum / pro rata (Jan – Dec)
Contract & Working Hours
Six months maternity leave contract with possible 4 month extension. Full time working week totalling 40 hours to be delivered from Monday to Friday between the office hours of 10am – 6pm with occasional evening and weekend work required. Time off in lieu as per company policy.
All applicants should send a cover letter including 2 referees and CV for the attention of the General Manager by email to email@example.com or by post to The Gaiety School of Acting, Essex Street West, Temple Bar, Dublin 8.
The closing date for receipt of applications is strictly 5pm on Friday, 3rdth April 2014
Shortlist & Interview Process
A shortlist of applicants will be interviewed on Monday 13th April 2015.
If required the panel may make a further shortlist of the candidates interviewed and conduct a second interview on Tuesday 14th April 2015.
Prior to submission please ensure you are available for interview on this date.
The successful candidate must be available to commence work the following week on Monday 20th April.