Photography & Digital Media Intern at The Gaiety School of Acting – The National Theatre School of Ireland
(6 Months from October 2014 – March 2015)
The Gaiety School of Acting – The National Theatre School of Ireland is seeking a Photography & Digital Media Intern to help assist with the development and management of a significant photography portfolio of imagery and video relating to its acting courses and student performances.
The intern will be required to attend various acting classes as well as productions to take photographs as well as assist the marketing team in the research and development of the school’s significant acting image archive in advance of the schools pending 30 year anniversary in 2016. They will be required to contact alumni of the school and build up a collection of video testimonials celebrating the school and it’s 30 years in business. This intern will work with the marketing team and will be required to be flexible in relation to the hours required of them. The duration of this internship is 6 months.
- To photograph the students in various classes throughout the week & some evenings
- To photograph the rehearsals and performances of our Full Time Actors in training
- Organisation and Cataloguing of the existing Image Archive
- Researching the photographic history of the school and its performances by contacting the archives of all the big theatres in Dublin & Ireland for alumni imagery
- Knowledge of Digital media and video recording equipment. the working of video and an interest in creating short videos for youtube
- Collate a series of video testimonials for the creation of a 2016 Anniversary video
-30 hours per week
-Regular hours will be specified but the intern would also be flexible depending on photography & video requirements.
This internship is available on JobBridge. If not eligible for Jobridge, a suitable candidate will be reimbursed for their travelling expenses (up to €50 a week)
- It is advised that the candidate their own equipment and image processing software (camera, laptop etc) for this position
- A good eye and knowledge of camera’s and lenses
- Experience working knowledge of retouching in Photoshop or other image programmes
- Knowledge of iMovie, Movie Maker or other video editing software
- Passion for Theatre and Performance
- Basic knowledge of archival techniques (file naming, film handling etc) & a willingness to help categorise/organise digital files
- Responsible, respectful, committed, hard-working, self-starter
- Professional attitude and work ethic in the office and on-set (confident & outgoing when approaching actors)
- Must be self-sufficient to complete tasks in a timely manner (meet deadlines) and
communicate progress with Marketing Manager
- Knowledge of filming and creation of content for youtube, vimeo etc.
- Knowledge of design software (InDesign) would also be beneficial.
Serious candidates, apply with letter of interest, resume, samples of their work and scheduling availability (be specific) and any college requirements for internship (if applicable) to Pace Borza-Butterly on firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Immediate start required
Closing Date for applications – DEADLINE EXTENDED TO FRIDAY 24th OCTOBER 2014
The Gaiety School of Acting – The National Theatre School of Ireland was founded in 1986 by internationally renowned Theatre Director Joe Dowling in response to the lack of full time actor training in Ireland at the time. The school if now widely regarded as the country’s premier training facility for actors with Patrick Sutton as Director.
The school has been providing professional actor training for almost 30 years and include Colin Farrell, Olivia Wilde, Colin O’Donoghue, Aidan Turner (Best Male Newcomer, Jameson Empire Awards 2014), Eva Birthistle (Best Actress Lead Television Award, IFTA 2014) Charlie Murphy (Best Actress, The Irish Times Awards 2013) and Sarah Greene (Tony Award Nominee 2014) as alumni of distinction.
In addition to a Full Time course in Intensive Professional Actor Training, the school provides an extensive programme for adults, children and young people throughout the country that encourage individuals to grow in confidence and develop techniques which will enable them to respond to the challenges of theatre, film and television industries. Courses are available in Temple Bar, Cork, Navan, Malahide and Bray during the year. In addition, the school also runs an extensive Outreach and International programmes.