The Young Gaiety Saturday School (4-19yrs) requires a highly professional and experienced drama teacher for our Navan programme at the Phoenix Theatre, Mount Mercy Secondary School, Navan.
The responsibilities of the role include:
- Keeping accurate records of attendance in class by students.
- Providing a full report to the Young Gaiety Coordinator twice per term.
- Ensuring all Young Gaiety Rules and Regulations are adhered to by students whilst in the building.
- Answering any questions from students or parents/guardians regarding class times, showcase dates, upcoming auditions and general information.
- Being aware of the schools Child Protection Guidelines and how to implement Child Protection Guideline Procedures.
- Being courteous and helpful to all students, parent/guardians and school visitors.
Reporting to the Young Gaiety Coordinator, the successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring that their classes are run according to Gaiety School Of Acting guidelines and that the Gaiety School of Acting’s Guidelines For The Protection Of Children are implemented correctly.
The ideal candidate would have following Personal Qualities / Competencies / Experience:
1) Possesses an acting qualification encompassing at least two years study. A Certificate or Degree in Acting is preferred.
2) Has training in drama facilitation (preferred but not required).
3) Has at least two years prior experience of facilitating workshops and teaching drama to children and young people aged 4-19 years.
4) Has prior experience of developing and delivering drama programmes for young people.
5) Demonstrates good interpersonal skills and be able to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
6) Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to the ethos of the Gaiety School of Acting.
7) An ability to handle difficult situations with diplomacy and tact and a comfort in working with children is essential.
8) An ability to develop games and exercises that focus the student and improve their performance skills.
9) The ability to plan and deliver 10 ninety minute classes per term (and 10 three hour classes for Youth Theatre Company) which achieve the aims set out in Young Gaiety guidelines.
10) Successfully completes required reference checks.
11) Possesses training in Child Protection and First Aid (preferred but not required).
12) Willingness to Travel and own transport (preferred but not required).
13) Such other alternatives to the above qualifications as the GSA may find appropriate and acceptable.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to Karen Lee at email@example.com by Friday, 7th June 2013.