Receptionist / Admin Assistant
The Gaiety School of Acting
Hours: Evening 4pm – 10pm
Closing Date: 12th April 2013
Start Date: 18th April 2013
• Switchboard: efficient handling and distribution of all in bound calls in a
professional and accurate manner
• Customer Service: efficient handling of all calls, emails and walk-in
customer queries relating to school information, course information, student
registration, course booking, room booking, and appointments
• Administration: administrative support for full time and part time course
staff; attendance, photocopying, room bookings, distribution of class material.
• Administration: administrative support to the business including delegated
duties from the director, general Manager, marketing
• Sales: Outbound calls to past pupils regarding forthcoming courses
• Accounting/database: fee payment collection and processing and daily
cash sheet accounting.
• Collections: sensitive and accurate processing of invoices and the out-bound
fee collections calls
• Communication/Escalation: hand over of information to the next shift,
staff and business issues to the administrator(e.g. stationary orders required,
• Attendance: update database on class attendance and update full time
attendance daily and inform General Manager of update.
• Building Management: Office maintenance and upkeep, DIY up keep IT
• Security: Responsible and appropriate response to any emergency that may
occur during shift
• Personal Assistant: Assisting the director with calls, messages, letter
writing, travel arrangements
• Audition preparation: arranging with the director the audition dates and
contacting all auditionees re their audition.
• Assist Marketing: forward all job info, interview request and picture
requests to Marketing.
• One year’s experience as a receptionist or in an administrative role
• Excellent people and communication skills
• Polite Phone Manner
• Accounts Collections
• Proficient computer skills, particularly word and excel
• Organisational skills
• Fluent English
• Good Self-presentation
Apply with cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org