Marketing Manager (Maternity Cover – 6 months)
The Gaiety School of Acting seeks applications for the position of Marketing Manager. The candidate will have a proven track record in Public Relations and Marketing. The Marketing Manager will report to the General Manager.
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for delivering a comprehensive marketing & pr strategy for the GSA with a view to promoting the organisation’s national and international programmes while also launching new initiatives designed to raise its profile.
In particular, the duties of the Marketing Manager will be:
- To develop and implement an effective marketing & branding strategy for the Gaiety School of Acting.
- To creatively promote all of the School’s programmes and activities at a Local, National and International level.
- To continually explore all opportunities for developing Young Gaiety and adult programmes throughout Ireland.
- To draft and fulfill an agreed press campaign, including web-based media.
- To work with the designer to oversee the preparation, design and production of all printed publicity material (flyers, posters, brochures etc.) for the school.
- To coordinate the distribution of flyers and posters locally, nationally and internationally.
- To ensure that the schools’ information is provided to all relevant networks, organisations, schools, universities and bodies, both nationally and internationally.
- To oversee updating of the school’s new website, ensuring the maximum effectiveness of that key marketing tool.
- To monitor the effectiveness of all print and advertising and to maximise the effect of all publicity and advertising expenditure for the school.
- To be responsible for data collection and effective analysis and use of customer data collected and for monitoring and evaluating marketing activities for the school.
- To evaluate the success of all of our competitors marketing activities and report to the Director.
- To develop the GSA sales team through retraining, customer service skills and honing their sales pitch and ensuring that they are familiar with all GSA products.
- To seek sponsorship from major companies for school initiatives.
- To develop and improve our existing international programmes and foster new relationships with universities based in USA and Europe.
- To evaluate the success of the annual USA tour undertaken by the Director and to create a structured itinerary for future tours.
- To assist the Programme Coordinator with the promotion of Outreach programmes throughout the country.
- To assist the Programme Coordinator with the promotion of the schools showcases and productions.
- To assist the Cork Artistic Director with marketing and programming.
- To produce a weekly marketing report to the Director.
- Any other duties relating to courses as assigned to you by the director.
- Substantial experience in public relations and marketing
- Excellent writing, verbal and communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of Adobe products, Web Management software and all Microsoft Office programs.
- The ability to work creatively and flexibly within a small focused team.
- Have an abiding interest in theatre and all the performing arts
€30,000k per annum + commensurate with experience
20 per annum (Jan – Dec)
Contract & Working Hours
Six months maternity leave contract. Full time working week totalling 40 hours to be delivered from Monday to Friday between the office hours of 10am – 6pm with occasional evening and weekend work required. Time off in lieu as per company policy.
All applicants should send a cover letter including 2 referees and CV for the attention of the General Manager by email to email@example.com or by post to The Gaiety School of Acting, Essex Street West, Temple Bar, Dublin 8.
The closing date for receipt of applications is strictly 5pm on Friday, 15th February 2013.
Shortlist & Interview Process
A shortlist of applicants will be interviewed on Wednesday, 20th February 2013.
If required the panel may make a further shortlist of the candidates interviewed and conduct a second interview on Thursday, 21st February 2013.
Prior to submission please ensure you are available for interview on this date.
The successful candidate must be available to commence work on Monday 25th February 2013.