ABBEY THEATRE Amharclann na Mainistreach | Job Description
JOB TITLE: Membership Services Assistant
RESPONSIBLE TO: Sales and Ticketing Manager
The Abbey Theatre is Ireland’s national theatre and occupies a unique position in the hearts and minds of Irish people. It has two theatres: the Abbey, with a capacity of 494 seats, and the Peacock, with a capacity of 127 seats. The Abbey produces a year round programme of productions, public readings, workshops and artistic development work. We produce work on our stages and on tour, which not only showcases Irish and international theatre but also engages with the artistic and civic life of contemporary Ireland.
PURPOSE OF JOB
This is a part time position within the Sales & Customer Services department at the Abbey Theatre. This person will ensure the smooth running of our membership schemes, which currently include Friends, Members and Access All Abbey. The post holder will also nurture and grow existing relationships and recruit new members.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
1. Act as the main point of contact for new and existing members, providing excellent customer service and building relationships.
2. Use the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, Tessitura, to maintain accurate records for current members, process new memberships and renewals.
3. Co-ordinate all membership events including invite lists, RSVPs, event plans, invoices and post event feedback. Liaise with relevant departments regarding resources and budgets.
4. Devise and implement a plan, working in collaboration with the Communications Team, to ensure members are well informed and engaged.
5. Suggest and implement improvements to membership packages to ensure that all memberships represent value for their members.
6. Acquire and demonstrate a high level of knowledge and passion for the history of the national theatre and the productions on our stages.
7. Assist the Visitor Service Assistants with ticketing functions during busy periods.
8. Any other duties that are deemed reasonable and appropriate.
The post holder will have:
- Proven experience of delivering an exceptional standard of customer care.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of computer literacy is essential, with CRM database (Tessitura) or box office experience desirable.
- Relevant knowledge and experience of membership packages, sales and public relations.
- Excellent administration and organisational skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and individually, to make decisions, take initiative and prioritise tasks.
- Reliability and the ability to work flexibly and effectively under pressure.
- Good Industry knowledge is desirable.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Post: 20 to 28 net hours per week.
Hours: Standard hours are daytime, Monday to Friday. This post requires flexibility and availability to work evenings or weekends when required.
Hourly rate of pay: Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
Probationary period: 6 months.
Holidays: 24 days per annum pro rata (including Good Friday & Christmas Eve).
Public Holidays: 9 Public holidays per annum pro rata.
Pension: The Abbey Theatre provides employees with access to a Personal Retirement savings Scheme Account (PRSA) and will match contributions up to 5.5% of salary. Employees must contribute a minimum of 3% to avail of employer contributions. Contributions are made through payroll.
Life Assurance: The Abbey Theatre Group Life Assurance plan provides a benefit to all employees of 4 times annual salary in the event of death while in service.
Health Insurance: Employers are provided with the option to join the Abbey Theatre – VHI Group Scheme. Participant employees receive a 10% discount on any VHI plan and the subscription is deducted through payroll.
Please send a completed Abbey Theatre application form, an up to date CV and a cover letter to:
26 Lower Abbey Street
Or alternatively email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Monday 25th June 2012