The Gaiety School of Acting is delighted to announce the Alexander Technique Masterclass with Aisling Morgan which will take place on Saturday, 12th May from 10am to 5pm.
The Alexander Technique was developed over one hundred years ago by Frederick Matthias Alexander, an Australian actor who was suffering from loss of his voice during performance. Through his technique he overcame this problem and experienced a dramatic improvement in health. The Alexander Technique is now taught all over the world and is especially highly regarded in drama and music circles. Students of the technique relearn a more co-ordinated use of the body. Common difficulties for actors and musicians include performance related anxiety and physical tension/pain. This workshop will explore how the Alexander Technique can help students with such difficulties and improve the quality of their experience as a performing actor.
Participants of the Alexander Technique workshop can expect to:
- Learn how to release unnecessary tension/strain that has become habitual
- Understand the causes of poor posture and physical tension/pai n
- Learn how to move more efficiently and effectively
- Investigate ways of working with performance anxiety to improve the quality of experience as a performing actor
- Explore how an increase in body awareness opens up more possibilities in terms of expression and also improves stage presence
- Learn how to carry out a simple lying down exercise known as constructive rest
- Understand the health benefits of this exercise and its relevance to performance
Date: Saturday, 12th May 2012
Time: 10am – 5pm
To book your place, call 01 6799277 NOW!